United Voices for Newcomer Rights (UVNR) is a non-profit organization working to promote the mental health and well-being of refugees, immigrants, and other newcomers in the United States.
We require applications and resumes (with a cover letter)
to be turned in at our office at 2201 San Pedro Blvd NE Bldg. 2, Ste. 222, Albuquerque, NM 87110 or emailed to email@example.com
Part-time/0.5 FTE (20 hours/week)
Fair Labor Standards Act Status
$24-$28 an hour
- Assists in drafting UVNR’s annual fiscal year budget.
- Monitors UVNR expenditures and revenues to budget.
- Prepares, submits and reconciles purchase orders.
- Accurately maintains records of financial transactions, including invoices, receipts and payments.
- Assists third-party accounting firm as required and is their primary point of contact.
- Assists in audit preparation.
- Assists in developing and implementing financial policies and procedures.
- Invoices for grant-funded projects in a timely manner.
- Participates in special projects as needed, such as calculating financial aspects of grant application work.
- Assists with payroll and accounts payable as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration is preferred. Experience can substitute education.
- Two years of directly related job experience in budgeting, accounting, and/or auditing.
- Experience being or working in multicultural environments is preferred.
- Proficient using computers and other information technology.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and related accounting software.
- Must have exceptional organization skills and have great attention to detail.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have strong writing skills as related to finance and business administration.
- Must have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Must be able to travel to UVNR offices and within Albuquerque.
- Must have flexibility to work on some nights and weekends.
- Must attend all team and assigned community meetings unless otherwise noted.
- Training, general management, and support of the employee.
- Computer station/desk, monitors, and all necessary hardware and software as needed.
- All data storage and management equipment and software.
- Handbook for all organizational policies and procedures.
- Two weeks of sick leave accrued over a 12-month period.
- Direct deposit of paycheck funds.
All UVNR employees are at will and termination by the organization or employee can occur at any time. An employee who resigns should submit a resignation letter in writing no later than one month prior to the desired end date. The employee may report any incidents or challenges to the Executive Director at will.